During the Annual Medicare Open Enrollment Period, anyone on Medicare can make changes to their coverage.
This event takes place only once a year between October 15 and December 7.
During this time, beneficiaries can:
- Switch from Original Medicare to Medicare Advantage, or vice versa
- Join or drop a Medicare prescription drug plan
- Switch from Medicare Advantage plan with drug coverage to one without, or vice versa
- Update your coverage by switching to a new insurer
Why would anyone want to make these changes?
Because this gives you the chance to shop around and find the best plan for your individual needs and budget. Different plans offer different options based on where you live and your specific conditions, so it is important to compare closely before making any changes.
For example, in addition to your benefits available in Parts A and B, you can also opt to purchase a Medicare Advantage plan from a private insurer that will provide a ton more benefits.
Some of the benefits could include:
- Premiums starting at $0 per month
- Coverage for copays and deductibles
- Prescription drugs
- Transportation to doctor appointments
- And more!
If you need help with this, call our Medicare Benefits Review Hotline
Our specialists compare hundreds of different insurance plans available in your area, and will get you hooked up with the best plan for YOU. Whether you’re looking for more dental coverage, transportation o doctor offices or keeping your doctor, the Medicare Benefits Review Hotline helps you find the plan perfectly suited to your needs.
We’ve helped thousands of people – just like you – find better benefits. Click here to take our quick (and free) quiz or call us today at 855-515-5087.